The Teacher Education Alliance of Maine is a group of deans, directors, chairs, and educators who represent teacher preparation programs at institutions of higher learning from around the state.
To engage collaboratively to support evidence-based practices in preparing educators at Maine Institutions of Higher Learning, and to inform and guide educational policies and practices for all stakeholders in the State of Maine.
The Teacher Education Alliance of Maine seeks to:
* Promote responsible and informed decision-making
* Recognize and embrace the diversity in Maine schools
* Encourage lifelong teaching and learning
* Develop professional educators
* Prepare informed advocates
* Collect, analyze and distribute robust data
* Provide unbiased and credible expertise
* Support shared responsibility for continued development of teacher education
* Enhance P-20 collaborative relationships